Your Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is here to help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Brooklyn Parkat 763-486-5512
Flooding in Brooklyn Park/Champlin
A basement can flood at any time in the Brooklyn Park area, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- Sump Pump Failure
- And many more
Have a Basement Flooding Disaster?
Call Today - (763) 486-5512
The bottom line, a flooded basement can cause significant water damage and possible mold growth if not handled properly. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park/Champlin and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill the Insurance Directly – One Less Thing for You to Worry About
- Our technicians are Highly Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use S500 Industry Standard, IICRC Restoration protocol
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment is used to mitigate the damage
Whatever Disaster Strikes at Your Business, SERVPRO is Here
We are the premier service professionals ready to help your business in even the biggest jobs. Fire, water, mold, we can handle it.
When a fire happens, it can bring your business to a sudden halt. Thankfully, SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year. When a fire happens, give us a call so we can get you back to normal and up and running as soon as possible.
Whether it’s a leaky pipe or like the flood gates opened and there is water everywhere, SERVPRO has you covered. We have the highest quality equipment available so you can get everything up and running in no time.
Noticing a foul odor? Starting to see dark spots? Well, you might have a mold problem. Don’t fret, SERVPRO can help. We are experts at mold remediation. Your business is safe with us.
SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Due to our company being locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources. This is extremely important when these damages are occurring. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Brooklyn Park area we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 763-295-1161 We are prepared to help!
Everyone always seems to have great advice about what you should do if you experience fire damage – call your insurance company, secure the property, call a restoration team, and so forth. Something they do not often point out is the many things you want to be sure NOT to do.
Here are a few of those things you should know about if you are dealing with fire damage at your home:
- Do not try to keep any food items. Including canned goods, which were inside the house during the fire. High heat can render them dangerous to consume. They should be thrown out and in some cases, you can itemize the cost to replace them as part of your insurance claim.
- Do not deal with fire ash and residue on your own. If you handled the wrong way it could damage walls, ceilings, and other surfaces. It could also cause respiratory distress and damage if you breathe it in.
- If there was heavy smoke, do not try to reuse carpeting or upholstered furniture. They will need to be replaced due to the chance of it causing respiratory problems in the future.
- Do not turn on any electrical appliances. This includes computers, which were in a smoke-filled room before they have been checked out and professionally cleaned. There may ash and debris inside the components, and if turned on could cause more damage.
- Do not enter the home until you have been told it is safe to do so. If you are not given that clearance due to structural integrity concerns, do not go in.
At SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park we want you to be safe after your home experiences fire damage. We have the expertise to handle everything for you and get your home restored while not putting you in danger. We can work with your insurance company to make your fire damage restoration less stressful for you.
If you experience any fire damage, contact SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park. We can be reached at 763-295-1161
Fire Damage? Call 763-295-1161
Here to Help!
Once the fire trucks are gone, your journey is just beginning. That is because your home almost certainly suffered smoke and fire damage. As well as possible water damage. The professionals at SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park have the skills and equipment necessary to restore your house to the way it was before the fire.
Each fire is different and every home or business requires its own specific approach, but the following is the general process we follow in a typical fire damage restoration situation:
- Emergency response. When you make your call to us, the restoration process begins. Our customer service representative will ask the right questions so that we can respond quickly and bring along the right resources and equipment.
- Inspection and assessment. We inspect the impacted area and adjoining rooms to find out the extent of the soot, smoke and other fire damage, then we can develop our plan of action.
- Securing the structure. Preventing further damage is essential, so we take immediate action to board up broken windows, shore up damaged walls and put tarps over damaged sections of the roof.
- Water removal. When water damage is present, we immediately start water removal. Dehumidifiers and air movers are used to get all the water from your home and complete the drying process.
- Surface soot and smoke removal. Using special equipment and time-tested techniques, we get rid of soot and smoke from the ceiling, all walls and other hard surfaces.
- Cleaning and disinfecting. Restorable items require cleaning and sanitizing. A variety of cleaning products and techniques are used to accomplish this as appropriate. This process includes odor removal using foggers and industrial-strength air scrubbers.
- Restoration. Getting things back to normal is the final step in the process. This can involve small repairs, drywall replacement, new carpet installation, painting and more. Major construction may sometimes also be required.
For an easy and hassle-free experience, trust SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park to help manage everything for you, including the insurance claims process.
Call (763)295-1161 for a quick response!
Central Minnesota Storm Damage
Emergency preparedness is no longer the only concern of states like California with earthquakes or our friends who live in the area known as "Tornado Alley." For us Minnesotan's, winter storms and blizzards are common; knowing what to do during an emergency is an important part of being prepared.
Blizzards, heavy snow, freezing rain and sub-zero temperatures hit hard and frequently across our state. Even if you think you are safe and warm at home, a winter storm can become dangerous if the power is cut off. With a little planning, you can protect yourself and your family from the many hazards of winter weather, both at home and on the road.
BE AWARE OF THE FORECAST
- Winter Weather Advisory: Weather conditions may alert us to know that we are forecasted for snow, blowing and drifting snow, freezing drizzle or rain. Knowing the conditions that are coming, will help us in being prepared.
BE PREPARED AT HOME
If we are predicted of having a snow storm and being "stuck" in our house for an extended period of time, make sure to have some essentials on hand. This can include the following:
- Keep a radio nearby.
- Have plenty of flashlights on hand. Make sure to have batteries.
- Have candles and matches available in case of a power outage.
If Minnesota suffers a winter storm, our home can be compromised. We can have ice dams on our roofs that result in a leak inside. If that occurs, SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park is able to help dry out your home.
Should you suffer any water damage as a result of a winter storm, please contact SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park for all your needs! We are available 24/7!
Minnesota weather can be unpredictable when it comes to the winter temperatures and snow falls.
That is why it is important to stay educated when the winter weather can be so unpredictable. The changes in the weather can cause damages to residential and commercial properties. It can cause pipes to expand and burst. The expanding and bursting of a pipe in a residential or commercial property can cause significant flooding if one is not prepared.
To prepare for this type of weather, one should make sure to inspect their pipes. If a pipe needs replacing, be sure to do this before the cold weather hits.
To prevent large water losses and damage, tag your main water shut off. One should tag their main water shut off to help everyone in the home know where to shut off the water if a pipe is to burst. Hopefully by doing this, one will be able to shut off their water immediately minimizing the loss or damage.
If the unpredictable winter over hauls all of your preparing and preventing, take action by calling SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park immediately and we will be there to assist you. We area available 24/7 to ensure that one can be helped at any hour that they need.
Emergency Ready Profile
SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park is dedicated to helping others when they are in an emergency situation. We are also dedicated to helping others before an emergency. SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park helps others before an emergency by going into businesses and creating an ERP. An ERP, Emergency READY Profile, is created by gathering information and documents that will be critical when an emergency occurs. We will also tag the businesses direct gas and water shut off.
Why the SERVPRO ERP?
* A no cost assessment of your facility.
* It was designed to contain only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
* Establishes SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
* Identifies the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
* Provides facility details, such as shut-off valve locations, important areas, and priority contact information.
Is Your Business Prepared if Disaster Strikes?
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW.
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, most of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Are You Ready?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?”
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a startup approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster.