Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Arriving home to find water damage after a pipe break can leave your flooring, ceiling, walls and belongings damaged along with you feeling uneasy. The most important thing to do first is ensure your Brooklyn Park, MN home or business is safe to enter. It can be potentially dangerous from electrical or slippery fall hazards that can leave property unsafe.
Upon arrival contact SERVPRO of Brooklyn Park, Champlin immediately for direction and quick response to your home. We can provide assistance over the phone and upon arrival. In the meantime while waiting for our crew, you can follow the water damage tips below til a technician arrives to your home or business.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (763) 486-5512
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.